IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE OR THIS WEBSITE.
Please also read Preempt Security’s End User License Agreement, which describes the terms under which you may use our Software.
- Information We Collect and How We Use It. In order to provide and improve our Software and related services, we may collect PII, including the following types of information:
1.1. Information You Provide. For registration purposes and some of the features of the Software we ask you for personal information, including: name, email address and phone number.
1.2. User Communications. When you send email or other communication to the Company, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Software and related services. We may send you newsletters and promotional communications, however you may opt-out of this service at any time by submitting a request at the following link http://info.preempt.com/hs/manage-preferences/unsubscribe.
1.3. Remote Support and Services. Remote support in respect of the Software might be provided if you opt in for such support, which allows read only access to data stored in your applicable deployments during predefined time periods, such data might include PII. You may also opt in to have the option to download a predefined set of logs which may send Company for its analysis in connection with the Software, such logs might include PII including without limitation, Network IP addresses etc.
1.4. User Information. When you use the Software, we may automatically receive and record information from your browser, including without limitation information and statistics about your online/offline status, your IP address, internet service provider, search history, type of browser, your regional and language settings and software and hardware attributes. Our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Software. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your browser on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information. The Company uses all of the PII that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users.
1.5. Aggregate, Anonymous and Analytical Data. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the customers of our Software and related services, we often collect aggregate and anonymous data including without limitation general statistics on system usage, data derived from log files and customer demographics, deployments, interests and behavior based on the PII and other information provided to us. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. We also use aggregate data for monetization.
- Some of the PII provided by you will be stored on the Company cloud. You may opt-out of this service at any time by submitting a request at the following link: http://info.preempt.com/hs/manage-preferences/unsubscribe. However, please note that if you opt-out some functionalities of the Software will not be available to you.
- In order to collect the data described herein we may use temporary cookies that remain on your browser for a limited period of time. We may also use persistent cookies that remain on your browser until the Company’s Software is removed, in order to manage and maintain the Software related services and record your use of the Software. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to and stored on your browser. Cookies do not damage your browser. Most browsers may allow you to block cookies but you may not be able to use some features on the Software if you block them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie (this enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not). We may also use web beacons via the Software to collect information. Web beacons or “gifs”, are electronic images that may be used in our Software or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
- If you are a child under the age of 13, you must obtain parental consent prior to using the Software. The Company will not knowingly contact or engage with children under the age of 13 without said parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided us with their PII, please contact us at the address given above and we will endeavor to delete that PII from our databases.
- Third Party Advertising. We use third party advertising such as Google Advertising which are governed by the following terms: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
- Information Security and Data Retention. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of PII. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We keep your PII only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements. We will take appropriate steps to delete or permanently de-identify PII at the point your PII is no longer needed by us.
- Your California Privacy Rights and Do Not Track Notices. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Company who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of PII to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year. You are also advised that Company responds to “Do Not Track” signals.
Last Date Updated: Jan 20, 2019